Swing Clear Door Hinge
- Door swings completely outside of jamb adding width to existing door openings. Provides barrier-free access for wheelchairs or walkers.
- Works on left-hand or right-hand doors by flipping hinge pin.
- Includes attachment screws.
- Fits 1 3/8-inch to 1 3/4-inch thick doors 3 1/2-inch hinge.
- Brushed Nickle Plating.
Having trouble navigating your own home?
Narrow doorways, especially Bathroom’s and Closets present a challenge for anyone using a walker or a wheelchair to navigate the home, and widening doorways is expensive and messy. Swing-clear hinges give you a cost-effective alternative to widening doorways in any home.
Free up some space!
Swing-clear hinges are designed to move the door completely out of the opening, creating an unobstructed path that makes it easier to maneuver walkers, and wheelchairs through the doorway. Updating your home’s doors with swing clear hinges allows you to remain in your home despite limited mobility. Installing swing clear hinges in place of standard hinges can add up to 2” of usable space to the opening. This simple modification will allow you to remain in the home you love and improve your quality of life.
Replaces your existing 3 1/2" hinges
Designed to fit standard interior doors, these Swing Clear Hinges from Troy Technologies will replace your standard hinges. Matching wood screws for easy installation are included.
SWING CLEAR OFFSET DOOR HINGES
Narrow doorways can be a real barrier for people using a wheelchair or walker. Residential buildings, especially older homes, were not designed with wheelchairs or walkers in mind. Doors can be widened but it can be an inconvenient and costly construction project. An alternative solution might be replacing your existing hinges with the expandable offset door hinge. These special hinges are designed to swing the door clear of the opening adding about 2" additional clearance for wheelchairs and walkers
- Remove existing hinges from the door jamb and door. Save all screws.
- Attach the offset hinge to the door, countersunk holes facing you. Use the same screws just removed in step 1 and screw into existing holes. Repeat this step to attach the second or third offset hinge.
- Attach the other side of the offset hinge to the door jamb (countersunk holes facing you). Use the same screws just removed in step 1 and screw into existing holes. Repeat this step to attach the second or third offset hinge.
Note: free ground shipping for all orders in the US with promo code: TROYSHIP