Comfortable, Stylish and Durable Travel Wheelchairs
Take advantage of our 30-day trial period to experience first-hand what makes Troy Technologies travel wheelchairs unlike any other chair you’ve ever used.
Choosing the Right Lightweight Wheelchair
When selecting your lightweight travel wheelchair, consider the following before making your purchase:
- Make sure the chair is comfortable and that you can sit in it comfortably for extended periods of time.
- A portable wheelchair should be lightweight so you don’t need to depend on multiple people to lift it.
- Make sure it folds up quickly into a very compact size so it can easily be transported on buses, airplanes, or in the trunk of a car.
- Adjustable, swing-away footplates that position your feet together and allow adults to stand up and sit down easily are a critical feature. Footplates placed close together are especially important for ladies who may choose to wear a skirt or a dress while traveling.
- Your travel wheelchair should be stable on uneven terrain. You do not want to sacrifice mobility when you are on vacation.
- It should have a safety lap belt for traveling up and down ramps or hills. Check to see that your travel wheelchair meets ANSI/RESNA safety standards.
Troy Technologies’ high-quality portable wheelchairs for travel are built to last and come with a lifetime warranty. Extensive use may sometimes require the purchase of replacement parts. You can buy our folding wheelchairs with confidence and rest assured that replacements parts will always be readily available.
Click here to see replacement parts for our travel wheelchairs.